Canada's top-tier Telescopes & Accessories
Be as specific as possible when reporting issues and *ALWAYS* include the full version number of the application you are using and your exact *CAMERA MODEL*
NEVER POST YOUR KEY IN ANY PUBLIC FORUM, INCLUDING THE O'TELESCOPE SUPPORT FORUM ::: IF YOU DO YOUR KEY WILL BE DEACTIVATED WITHOUT NOTICE!

CANON not responding to "5x" button in Planetary mode

rjchuri

Question

9 answers to this question

eYes, please provide the version of BYE that you are using.

Also, some of the newer cameras have LiveView autofocus functionality can interfere with the 5X zoom.  I believe that the 6D Mk II is one of those models.

Check the camera's menus. If LiveView autofocus is set to Face+Tracking, change it to one of the other modes and then retry BYE's 5X zoom feature.

Hello ,

I too have a Canon question regarding the 5X function in BYE v3.1.18 . Canon is a T6i/750D model .

When I double click and lock the window with the object of interest centred in that box , it shifts up and to the right when I press the 5X button . See two screen captures in a Word File attached .

I'm thinking that this may be a Canon "thing" as the shift appears on the LiveView screen on the back of the camera too . I guess I was hoping that the 5X would fill and centre the image in the locked window .

What am I missing ?

Scott........

BYE v3.1.18 5x zoom.docx

Thanks Guylain , I was afraid it be be answer .I'll have to play with it some more and take some actual AVI's to see what the result is . I'm hoping the recorded images are centred ???

Scott..............

Update : I tried the T6i on an HP Laptop running Win7 64 bit and had no issues at all with the 5X Zoom . The original Laptop was a Win-7 32 bit . However when I retried everything again this morning I could not get it to fail or show the "bug" I saw yesterday . I have no idea .I'll keep playing with the Trial version some more . So far...I love this Software . Thanks for the Support .

Scott.........

Edited by Scott_R_K
Updated Info

5 minutes ago, gfunkernator said:

I've experienced this too.  It happens randomly and to fix it I go to Imaging mode then back to planetary mode.  Then the 5x zoom works again.

it's by design... the 5x button won't work if you press it with a few seconds of activating live view... there is a 2 to 4 second delay before it works.