Jump to content

Canada's top-tier Telescopes & Accessories
Be as specific as possible when reporting issues and *ALWAYS* include the full version number of the application you are using and your exact *CAMERA MODEL*
  • 0
Ruilo

Canon Eos R support ?

Question

I can't use my Canon Eos R?  Is supposed to be a 5d mkiv but mirrorles.. Is there any fix to that?

 

17:41:00  Licensed to Ruilo
17:45:15  Attempting to connect camera...
17:45:15  Canon drivers 'Canon\' initialized.
17:45:15  DEVICEINFO DESCRIPTION IS Canon EOS R
17:45:15  DEVICEINFO NUMBER IS (i deleted this for the post).
17:45:15  YOUR *REAL* MODEL NUMBER IS (i deleted this for the post)

17:45:15  YOUR camera is not currently supported by the Canon SDK available at the time of this software release.
17:45:15  Camera Not Found!  Make sure it's connected to the PC and turned ON :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Recommended Posts

  • 0
3 hours ago, Ruilo said:

I can't use my Canon Eos R?  Is supposed to be a 5d mkiv but mirrorles.. Is there any fix to that?

 

17:41:00  Licensed to Ruilo
17:45:15  Attempting to connect camera...
17:45:15  Canon drivers 'Canon\' initialized.
17:45:15  DEVICEINFO DESCRIPTION IS Canon EOS R
17:45:15  DEVICEINFO NUMBER IS (i deleted this for the post).
17:45:15  YOUR *REAL* MODEL NUMBER IS (i deleted this for the post)

17:45:15  YOUR camera is not currently supported by the Canon SDK available at the time of this software release.
17:45:15  Camera Not Found!  Make sure it's connected to the PC and turned ON :)

Please post these numbers.  There are not specific to you camera body itself, the are specific to the camera model.... all Canon EOS R with give the same numbers so there is nothign there there to identify your camera.

I need to see those numbers in order to determiner id the Canon SDK sees the camera.

Regards,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

21:26:59  Licensed to Ruilo
21:26:59  Processor Affinity
21:27:10  Attempting to connect camera...
21:27:10  Canon drivers 'Canon\' initialized.
21:27:11  DEVICEINFO DESCRIPTION IS Canon EOS R
21:27:11  DEVICEINFO NUMBER IS 2971957791.
21:27:11  YOUR *REAL* MODEL NUMBER IS 2147484708(80000424)
21:27:11  YOUR camera is not currently supported by the Canon SDK available at the time of this software release.
21:27:11  Camera Not Found!  Make sure it's connected to the PC and turned ON :)

 

I don't know if it helps but, the "other" software for astrophotography works with the Canon EOS R

 

PD: Wish this helps

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Send me an email at support@otelescope.com and I'll send you a download link to try.  It might not work the first time.... we may have to do this a few times.

Thank you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
20 hours ago, admin said:

Yes it helsp, the (80000424) is what I need.

Does the EOS-R do bulb over USB?

Sorry i've been out and i dind't read this until now

 

20 hours ago, admin said:

Send me an email at support@otelescope.com and I'll send you a download link to try.  It might not work the first time.... we may have to do this a few times.

Thank you.

Sended a mail to you. It is <<<email removed>>>

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
2 hours ago, Ruilo said:

Any news on this? I have done what you askme for but no news (good or bad)

I sent you 2 emails asking for the full log files and I got no replies.  I've been waiting for these log for almost 2 weeks now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
1 hour ago, admin said:

I sent you 2 emails asking for the full log files and I got no replies.  I've been waiting for these log for almost 2 weeks now.

I already sended 2 emails with the logs. Maybe it is in your spam inbox? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
2 hours ago, admin said:

I sent you 2 emails asking for the full log files and I got no replies.  I've been waiting for these log for almost 2 weeks now.

Ok, new email sended from my other email with 2 logs from 2 sessions 

 

Let me know if you received it or i have to try another way to send them. Really wish to help and to try this software

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Guylain,

I am using BYEOS 3.1.18 RC2 and I can get my Canon EOS R to connect. I had the camera in Bulb mode. I am also using version 1.2.0 of the camera firmware if that makes a difference. I could get the Frame an Focus to show me the live view, and I was able to control focus of the lens and take a 1 sec sub. log attached. Let me know if you need anything else.

Best Regards,

Kirk

logfile-[20190821-07h36m40s632]-[17880]-2019-08-21.txt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

I did take a couple of images (1 sec each). The camera was pointed at a wall in my office, so I did not want to go longer than that in full light. Is that what you meant by taking bulb imaages?  It seems fully functional to me right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

BULB is a camera term/setting that allows you to take 30+ second images.  You camera has internal timed value (known as TV) from 1/8000th of a second to 30 seconds.  Beyond that you need to set the camera dial to BULB to take 30+ seconds images.  Hope this makes sense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
2 hours ago, Kirk said:

I did take a couple of images (1 sec each). The camera was pointed at a wall in my office, so I did not want to go longer than that in full light. Is that what you meant by taking bulb imaages?  It seems fully functional to me right now.

Mine whenever i try to take a shot, it gets freezed. I only can see live-view on focusing mode

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
1 hour ago, admin said:

BULB is a camera term/setting that allows you to take 30+ second images.  You camera has internal timed value (known as TV) from 1/8000th of a second to 30 seconds.  Beyond that you need to set the camera dial to BULB to take 30+ seconds images.  Hope this makes sense.

Guylain,

Yes, that makes perfect sense. Now I remember. I do not do DSLR imaging anymore and am a bit out of practice, but I wanted to try using BYEOS to take some Milky Way shots with the EOS R. I have a manual focus 14mm f/2.8 Rokinon lens, so I thought BYEOS would help me focus the lens. I am not sure when I would take a shot over 30 seconds but I will be in Nova Scotia at a very dark site next month so maybe I can give it a go then. It is way too bright around here to do anything but narrowband imaging.

Regards,

Kirk

 

1 hour ago, Ruilo said:

Mine whenever i try to take a shot, it gets freezed. I only can see live-view on focusing mode

Hi Ruilo, do you have the latest firmware (v1.2.0) on your Canon EOS R? 

Kirk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

With the 14mm Rokinon, the stars will be soooo small you may have trouble getting good focus with BYE.

With my 16mm f/2.0 Rok, I had success setting the lens on infinity and taping it down so it would not accidentally shift. I then took 20 second shots all night long while the camera panned around the southern horizon at sidereal rate. I was able to get almost 8 hours of the Milky Way from rise to set as it moved across the sky.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Ok, first we need confirmation that the EOS-R can do bulb over USB.    With the EOS-M series this was not possible and as a result I was not able to support them in BackyardEOS.

Can someone please try their EOS-R with the Canaon software EOS Utility and confirm that they can take BULB images > 30 seconds with the EOS-R connected to EOS Utility.  I need this to be 100% confirm before going any further.   I thought I had one user confirm this but I'm not sure anymore if this was for the EOS-R model or the Nikon Z series.

Thank you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

OK, I just used the EOS utility to take two consecutive 40 second subs with my EOS R. According to the utility I can take subs up to 99:59. Looks like it works for bulb. Sorry for the confusion earlier. I did try this with the RC of BYOS and the software seemed to lock up after taking the first 40 second sub.

image.png.08fe36c68a59c9ce95276a92180b81ec.png

 

image.png.c7aeabf9180eec6ff71c7c5979095d39.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Ok, it looks like I'll have to try and get my hands on an EOS--R for testing. I've done everything I normally do with any new Canon cameras... Or try to rent one but the last time I rented a camera it ended up costing $400 for a weekend 😢

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

I did a second try in BYEOS and this time it worked with two 40s expsoures. It downloaded both. The only difference was I gave it a 5 second pause between subs.

image.thumb.png.6928160881da5326ee1c3d3588587108.png

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
11 hours ago, Kirk said:

Hi Ruilo, do you have the latest firmware (v1.2.0) on your Canon EOS R? 

Kirk

Yes, i have the last update and anytime i try to takean exposure whit this software it freezes

 

10 hours ago, admin said:

Ok, first we need confirmation that the EOS-R can do bulb over USB.    With the EOS-M series this was not possible and as a result I was not able to support them in BackyardEOS.

Can someone please try their EOS-R with the Canaon software EOS Utility and confirm that they can take BULB images > 30 seconds with the EOS-R connected to EOS Utility.  I need this to be 100% confirm before going any further.   I thought I had one user confirm this but I'm not sure anymore if this was for the EOS-R model or the Nikon Z series.

Thank you.

I will try ass son as i can test it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
10 hours ago, Kirk said:

I did a second try in BYEOS and this time it worked with two 40s expsoures. It downloaded both. The only difference was I gave it a 5 second pause between subs.

Kirk and Ruilo,

Remember that you can control much of the light entering the Camera by changing the Lens F-stop to its higher values - f/20 or higher (after all this is just a test of BYE Control of the DSLR.

You will also want to turn OFF features such as Mirror Lock-Up (MLU) and Long Exposure Noise Reduction (LENR).  In fact, you may need to also turn off the more sophisticated Focusing Features - Face-Detection, etc - in order for BYE to work successfully.  (Its a pain, but the wealth of sophisticated features provided on a modern DSLR are often directly at odds with what the Camera Maker supports in their own SDK Interface.)

Good Luck - we're all hoping that Canon has provided sufficient SDK support that the new EOS R line will be useful for DSO Imaging.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Ok , tested EOS Utility and worket perfectly in bulb mode via pc . As soon as the pic is taken it opens with DPP as it should do ... so the camera its ok , cable its ok , comunication its ok...

Tested right after that on BYE and in bulb mode:

"21:30:09  Your camera requires a configured serial cable for BULB or Mirror Lock.
21:30:10  Imaging session cancelled"

On Manual mode , 5 sec exposure keeps freezing me the software without doing anything (the camera didn't do any exposure)

 

image.thumb.png.fb1e704a0c997b1bebefae79140b7b4b.png

 

BTW my license expires in 6 days

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

This site uses cookies to offer your a better browsing experience. You can adjust your cookie settings. By closing this banner, scrolling this page, clicking a link or continuing to browse otherwise, you agree to the use of cookies, our Privacy Policy, and our Terms of Use