Canada's top-tier Telescopes & Accessories
Be as specific as possible when reporting issues and *ALWAYS* include the full version number of the application you are using and your exact *CAMERA MODEL*
NEVER POST YOUR KEY IN ANY PUBLIC FORUM, INCLUDING THE O'TELESCOPE SUPPORT FORUM ::: IF YOU DO YOUR KEY WILL BE DEACTIVATED WITHOUT NOTICE!

Finger print error

sdeaches

Question

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

10 answers to this question

8 minutes ago, sdeaches said:

Also it used to auto fill my key and now it does not. When I log into my account it shows no purchases. I did write my key down and that is how I have been trying. How do I find my key. I do have the  receipt if you need it to  verify or purchased it 

Okay, now I'm 110% you created multiple accounts here and you purchased under another account.  This is the only explanation for your key not being in your client area. 

Regards, 

Just now, sdeaches said:

I am getting a finger print error after upgrade to 3.1.16. When I enter my account log in name I get License validation error>

Please help

You get get this each time you start the application?

If yes it means Windows messed up the security properties on the file where the key is stored.  You can safely delete this file and try again.

1) Go to c:/users/<<username>/AppData  
2) Delete file "BackyardEOSv31-license.txt".
3) Start BYE
4) Enter your key again.

Keep us posted.

44 minutes ago, sdeaches said:

I have no appdata folder in the location

You have have the appData folder, but it is hidden by default in windows.  Set windows to show hidden files and you'll see it.

This is NOT an install issue, it's a Windows security profile issues.

Keep us posted.

Also it used to auto fill my key and now it does not. When I log into my account it shows no purchases. I did write my key down and that is how I have been trying. How do I find my key. I do have the  receipt if you need it to  verify or purchased it 

43 minutes ago, sdeaches said:

Ok found it , deleted it. Now I just get a License validation Error Key or Identifier Error

Then you are not entering the correct information.  This is the only cause to an identifier error while validating.

9 minutes ago, sdeaches said:

Well, you just deleted the key file, of course it won't auto fill until you enter the correct info again.

Archived