Be as specific as possible when reporting issues and *ALWAYS* include the full version number of the application you are using and your exact *CAMERA MODEL*
NEVER POST YOUR KEY IN ANY PUBLIC FORUM, INCLUDING THE O'TELESCOPE SUPPORT FORUM ::: IF YOU DO YOUR KEY WILL BE DEACTIVATED WITHOUT NOTICE!
We are planning a site-wide upgrade this Thursday April 13th.
The entire site will down for a few hours while the upgrade takes place. We anticipate a window of 4 to 6 hours where the site will be inaccessible.
Although we are planning Thursday April 13th, this could be delayed to a subsequent day if we encounter unforeseen issues between now and then.
The site upgrade will touch every functions; the online store, the download section, the forums, the license key activation server, user accounts, etc.
Your username and password will remain intact.
All forum threads will be converted.
The new site will have a fresher light look. Blue on a white background. There are no plans offer a darker theme at this time but we may consider one eventually, but not on day one and no promises. We have several tasks to complete on Thursday and for a few weeks to come to ensure a seamless transition.
Everything is done in order of priority.
1) Data conversion, including user accounts, store invoices, forums, etc.
2) Activation server. This is the top priority once the data has been converted. The site will remain off line until this is 100% operational.
3) Download server
4) Invoice system
5) Payment gateways, PayPal and Credit cards.
The new site will support both USD and CAD as the current site. However, only one currency will be displayed at a time and you will have the option to change it. If you have a US ip address you should see the prices in USD by default, all other countries will see CAD by default… but again this can be changed while browsing the store.
The site will also be bilingual, French and English. This is a massive undertaking and may take a few weeks to complete the translation of all system text and store products. Forums will not be translated but the French support forum will remain.
IMPORTANT – during the upgrade
1) The site will be unavailable for several hours and may come back up for a few minutes just to go down again. Please allow a solid 12 to 24 hours of intermittent site up/down.
2) The activation server will be down. Since purchase keys can be activated just fine without the Internet this should have no impact. However, trials keys will not work during this time. This is something I have tried to circumvent but alas I can not so please be patient if you have a trial key.
Thank you for your support.
Link to comment
Share on other sites
12 answers to this question
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.