Canada's top-tier Telescopes & Accessories
arturo1961

NIKON D5300 -bulb mode don't work

Question

Hello,

in image section when i set the bulb mode and do the shot immediatley mirro go closed and i read this message in log file

16:20:16  Imaging session started.
16:20:18  Imaging session cancelled
16:20:18  [kNkMAIDResult_NotSupported] (kNkMAIDCommand_CapSet, 33042, kNkMAIDDataType_EnumPtr, 162128616)
16:20:18  Imaging session cancelled

i have e nikon d5300 connected with the camera sub cable

Other configuration it works on frame and capture of i use e prefixed time drop window.

I would like purchase the BYN but i need to solve this.

10 answers to this question

This is a camera setting issue.

Please make sure the camera dial is set to a position where BULB is possible.

Make sure mirror lock is turned off on the camera as well, this is not supported and may be the cause.

Keep us posted.

This is a camera setting issue.

Please make sure the camera dial is set to a position where BULB is possible.

Make sure mirror lock is turned off on the camera as well, this is not supported and may be the cause.

Keep us posted.

The camera is setted in manual mode, time BULB.... i dont' find a mirror lock option on the camera... i have only live view but when i connect the camer with PC the livev view fall down withe the mirror.... other dial program works fine.

This is most definitely a camera setting issue, no doubt about that.  We just need to figure out which setting.

Using the exact same camera settings, can you take BULB images using only the camera buttons only while the camera is disconnected from the computer?

Set us a picture of your dial settings. 

This is most definitely a camera setting issue, no doubt about that.  We just need to figure out which setting.

Using the exact same camera settings, can you take BULB images using only the camera buttons only while the camera is disconnected from the computer?

Set us a picture of your dial settings. 

the strange thngs is that when i use the frame and focus section the mirror go up.

I use also digicamcontrol  software en un bulb mode i don't have problem.

this is the picture

post-15365-0-62857200-1480873529_thumb.jpg

DigiCamControl uses "PTP Mode" - which totally Disables BYN.  So, you also need to ensure that PTP Mode is OFF.

ptp mode is on the cam or in digicamcontrol? i dont' have thi option on the cam, i have to uninstall digicam controll?

i read on the web that the nus dslr are automatically in ptp mode

Ummm, I see you have a lens.  Remove the lens and try again.  I'm not sure if this will make a difference but it is worth a try.

You seem to be doing everything correctly. 

Regards.

Take a look at this thread.

This user had the same issue and he ended up reseting his camera and everything worked after that.  It is worth a try.

https://www.otelescope.com/index.php?/topic/882-knkmaidresult-notsupported-knkmaidcommand-capset-33042-knkmaiddatatype-enumptr-496758920/

Great, thanks a lot,

problem solved resetting the camera to default factory