Canada's top-tier Telescopes & Accessories
Be as specific as possible when reporting issues and *ALWAYS* include the full version number of the application you are using and your exact *CAMERA MODEL*
NEVER POST YOUR KEY IN ANY PUBLIC FORUM, INCLUDING THE O'TELESCOPE SUPPORT FORUM ::: IF YOU DO YOUR KEY WILL BE DEACTIVATED WITHOUT NOTICE!

BYN not Recognizing D5100 on Lenovo 100S

Drock

Question

I can't seem to get BYN 1.0.5 to recognize my D5100 on my Lenovo 100s laptop running windows 10 32bit  (1.33GHz Intel Atom CPU, 2gb Ram).   I've tried restarting the computer, taking the SD card out, switching USB ports.

I tested the connection with a different software program and it could connect to the camera fine (live view, take pictures, etc).

I tested BYN 1.05 on a different laptop running windows 10 (64 bit) and it worked fine.

Any help would be appreciated.  Thank you.

Derick

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

5 answers to this question

So 2 cables, in parallel, are required for full control of the D5100.

The DSUSB cable only controls the shutter for bulb exposures. You need a second cable which connects between the USB port on the camera and the PC for the rest of the camera control functions.

Having a similar problem with my D5100.  I am using Shoestring Astronomy DSUSB connector.

Using a Compaq laptop with Vista SP2. 

DSUSB responds to DSUSB Check.

BYN says "Nikon drivers found".

For moderator:  D5100 are Nikon Cameras.  Is there a  "Nikon utilities" similar to the "EOS Utiliies" mentioned in the response?

Archived