Canada's top-tier Telescopes & Accessories
Be as specific as possible when reporting issues and *ALWAYS* include the full version number of the application you are using and your exact *CAMERA MODEL*
NEVER POST YOUR KEY IN ANY PUBLIC FORUM, INCLUDING THE O'TELESCOPE SUPPORT FORUM ::: IF YOU DO YOUR KEY WILL BE DEACTIVATED WITHOUT NOTICE!

new conection troubles 6D thru Parallels

PeterRichards

Question

Hi All,

I have just installed BYE on a new MacBook pro running OSx10.11 (or is it 11.10) using Parallels-11 and Windows 10. The first try at connecting my 2 year old 6D I got the ZAP (mosquito) sound. On the support email Guylain suggested I try only using Eos Utility. I took indoor test shots and they uploaded through Eos Utility into the usual DPP folder.

Should I try to reconnect the camera to BYE again or is there something I am missing or not doing?

Any advice from an experienced user would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Peter R.

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

8 answers to this question

Hi,

I solved my problem after reading some other posts.

Another member had problems with Onedrive overwriting the file directory in settings.

It seems that on Mac besides Eos Utility auto-opening (easy to close) I-photo also auto-opens when the camera connects.

I went to Mac settings and chose "take no action" when connecting this device (the 6D).

Now I can open Eos U, or I-photo or BYE whatever.

Problem solved.  Took my first remote picture through BYE....Yeah! the preset 1600 iso 1 sec exp of my living room in raw & jpeg.

Now I just need a guide scope on my LX200 to run PHD.

Peter R.

BYE uses the same methodology to Connect and Control your Canon DSLR as does EOS Utility.  That is why it is often suggested to "Try with EOS Utility first, then try with BYE".

So, if EOS Utility is running OK, then with similar settings, so should BYE.

Actually, with BYE's default settings, it will fail to connect simply because the EOS Utility is running, even if it does not happen to be connected to the camera, so if you have used the EOS utility and were successful, you need to make sure that the EOS Utility is not still running when you try to connect with BYE.  BYE's log file should say if the connection failed because the EOS Utility was still running...

When you say you brought your camera inside for testing... does this also mean that it is the same setup with Parallel or a straight Windows computer?

On the computer you have the camera connected to EOS Utility to image capture (not image download) try it again.  Then turn off the camera *leaving it coneted to the computer) then close EOS Utility, even kill the EOS Utility process if it is still running in the background.  Then turn the camera back and and make 100% sure that EOS Utility does not start and take control of the camera... because if it does that is the issue... EOS Utility has a handle on the camera and all bets are off for any other apps that tries to connect to it.

Keep us posted. 

Hi,

Yes, this is still all running on this MacBook pro on Parallels-11 on Windows 10 with BYE seamlessly. I did download "RedScreen" to keep to screen red when you flip back to the Mac screen.

Retina resolution and Canon and BYE. Does it get better?

Peter.

Archived