Canada's top-tier Telescopes & Accessories
Be as specific as possible when reporting issues and *ALWAYS* include the full version number of the application you are using and your exact *CAMERA MODEL*
NEVER POST YOUR KEY IN ANY PUBLIC FORUM, INCLUDING THE O'TELESCOPE SUPPORT FORUM ::: IF YOU DO YOUR KEY WILL BE DEACTIVATED WITHOUT NOTICE!

Canon 5ds ?

gucci

Question

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

6 answers to this question

BYE 3.0.x is too old to support the 5Ds.  You need to upgrade to 3.1.6.

You may need to create a new login to this site first.. You need to follow the instructions on the Upgrade link at the bottom of the page. 

The procedure is to use the 3.0.x license key to get a new key.  The instructions tell you how to use the old key to get the new one. When you use the old license key, the new license key is free. The new key is kept on the server under "My Purchases" and your email account.  It will not be mailed to you, but you can copy if from the web site and past it into the new BYE license validation screen.

Hi,

You need to upgrade to 3.1.x.  However, I still have not released 3.1.7 and the sdk files for this new model is not in 3.1.6 yet.

Proceed to the upgrade and if it still does not connect send me an email to support@otelescope.com and I will send you a pre-release of 3.1.7.

Please see link to upgrade in the footer of this page.

Regards,

My friend has bought a premium 3.0.2 version but he cannot log in from his email so we are writing you like this. Can we upgrade free or we have to buy new version 3.1.6.?

He tried to log in but it says "ooops,something went wrong"....

Thanks again for a quick reply! 

As per the instructions on the upgrade page...

You need an account first!

As of January 2015 the new validation server requires an account to associate your new key to its rightful owner, that would be you :)
Before January 2015 it was possible to obtain a software key without an account. This is no longer the case. If you have never created an account here on www.otelescope.com you need to create one now. If you have created an account in the past please login using that account and proceed with the upgrade.

Create and account and follow the upgrade instructions.

Regards,

My friend has bought a premium 3.0.2 version but he cannot log in from his email so we are writing you like this. Can we upgrade free or we have to buy new version 3.1.6.?

He tried to log in but it says "ooops,something went wrong"....

Thanks again for a quick reply! 

What is the account username he using when he gets that error?

EDIT:  You do not have to pay to upgrade from 3.0.2 to the latest 3.1.x.  The upgrade is free.

Archived