Canada's top-tier Telescopes & Accessories
Be as specific as possible when reporting issues and *ALWAYS* include the full version number of the application you are using and your exact *CAMERA MODEL*
NEVER POST YOUR KEY IN ANY PUBLIC FORUM, INCLUDING THE O'TELESCOPE SUPPORT FORUM ::: IF YOU DO YOUR KEY WILL BE DEACTIVATED WITHOUT NOTICE!

no temperature in filename

Kerschhuber

Question

Hello

BackyardEOS 3.1 Premium Edition does not write the temperature in the filename

Windows 10, EOS 6D.

In can see the Exif data in BYE 3.1.

See the screenshots in the attachement.

What can I do?

There is no support via personal emails or support tickes !!!

Thank you

Guenter

post-11173-0-03660400-1457203512_thumb.jpg

post-11173-0-44969000-1457203522_thumb.jpg

post-11173-0-54179100-1457203531_thumb.jpg

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

11 answers to this question

There have been 7 releases of BYE 3.1, starting with 3.1.0 and going up to 3.1.6. While I don't know whether there have been any changes that could cause what you are seeing, I was not able to re-create your error with 3.1.6 and my T5i.

You cropped your screenshots and did not show the entire Camera Information Center where the camera temperature is displayed.

Here is what I see after an image has been captured and downloaded:

post-2029-0-00209000-1457208895.png.

The temperature is updated after a Frame & Focus Snap image or an image capture.  It works with either the Canon or Canon215 versions of the SDK being chosen.

Thank you for the log files.  We will continue the conversation here instead of emails to build a solid knowledge base on this issue.

The log files do indicate that the exif read is enabled and did run, however, the sensor temperature it read is blank.  Can you also send me (via email or dropbox) one .cr2 image that you took with BYE.  I want to inspect the exif section.

Thank you

I think that you mean the opposite of what you said.

The OP needs to replace the version of exiftool in his BYE install directory with the newer version that you have made available via DropBox.

That is what I said, no?  Download the version form dropbox and copy it over the one in the BYE install folder :)

Hi

With the file from the dropbox i get the same result:

The temperature is written in the Exif (Irfanview & BYE ) but not displayed in the Camera Information Center and not in the filename.

I tried also english and german language with the same results.

Regards

Archived