Canada's top-tier Telescopes & Accessories
Be as specific as possible when reporting issues and *ALWAYS* include the full version number of the application you are using and your exact *CAMERA MODEL*
NEVER POST YOUR KEY IN ANY PUBLIC FORUM, INCLUDING THE O'TELESCOPE SUPPORT FORUM ::: IF YOU DO YOUR KEY WILL BE DEACTIVATED WITHOUT NOTICE!

Loop ICON not accessible (not lit)

mmiller1951

Question

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

9 answers to this question

Mike,

Take a look at the user guide for using the mask framing function.  It's all documented with images and steps.  I tried to cut&paste it here but it gets messy trying to cut&part off the user guide in a forum post.

The user guide is accessible in BYE by clicking the " ? " icon in the upper right corner.

Keeps us posted.

Regards,

Mike,

After you have loaded the image the opacity slider should allow you to see the masked image over the current image.  

What is the image file type of the image you are loading as a masked image.

BYE only supports JPG and CR2.  If this is a FITS file it will not load.

Well, I have over 7,000 users and for the most part they say it is easy to use.

I'll admit that you are trying to use most of the features right from the get go without first getting a good understanding of the individual features and how they behave/interact with each other.  I'd be frustrated too.

I don't mind doing a 1:1 remote session to get you going but beyond that you need to give yourself some time to get familiar with BYE before drawing any conclusion.  Otherwise you will get frustrated trying to do all right from the get go.

Regards, 

Mike,

The fact that Astrometrica does not support Canon RAW image files is not the fault of BYE! Astrometrica clearly says that it supports FITS files.  No DSLR cameras that I know of provide FITS files.  There is plenty of other image processing software that will convert DSLR raw image files to FITS files.

The framing mask has been in BYE for quite a while and is intended to help you frame a live target with a target from a previous session.  That is what the software is designed to do.  It will not, nor was it ever intended to support blinking of already captured images.  That is typically the function of image processing software, but not image capture software, where the primarily function is camera control and image capture.

You are frustrated because the software does not operate as you imagine that it should or want it to. You need to take the time to learn what it does do and how best to use it.  Then you can make an informed purchasing decision!

Archived