Canada's top-tier Telescopes & Accessories
Be as specific as possible when reporting issues and *ALWAYS* include the full version number of the application you are using and your exact *CAMERA MODEL*
NEVER POST YOUR KEY IN ANY PUBLIC FORUM, INCLUDING THE O'TELESCOPE SUPPORT FORUM ::: IF YOU DO YOUR KEY WILL BE DEACTIVATED WITHOUT NOTICE!

BackyardNIKON 1.0.4 just released!

admin

Question

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

8 answers to this question

I have no idea how to help without knowing more details.  You need to provide more information on how the install is failing and which version of Windows you are using.

If you set up automatic email notifications of new posts in the BYN support forum then you will be notified about new releases.

BYN 1.0.4 will automatically replace 1.0.1.

For future reference...when you start up BYN a worker program is started "behind the scenes".  When you exit BYN, this worker program hangs around for up to 10 minutes.  So you need to wait for it to shutdown before trying to upgrade BYN.

That very well may have been my problem, it was still working when I wasn't, lol Thanks..

Just installed.  Connected to my D5100 once then it won't now at all.  Computer won't even connect.  :(  Tried two cables.  Also won't connect on my older with the 1.03 so it's a cable-camera issue outside of BYN or my DSUB.  Of course it has to happen right after I installed the new update.

I'll buy a new cable tomorrow if I can find one locally and see if that is the issue.  I may post a separate thread on the problem.  Right now it's just not connecting to the camera.

The update installed and ran fine so it looks good.

William

Reboot your computer, looks like the classic Nikon driver gone out in a weird state.  Rebooting will reset the Nikon driver.

DSUSB is not related to connection issue.  That cable is for BULB only.

You should start a specific thread when reporting issues to keep the conversation specific to you issue.

Keep posted.

Archived