Canada's top-tier Telescopes & Accessories
Be as specific as possible when reporting issues and *ALWAYS* include the full version number of the application you are using and your exact *CAMERA MODEL*
NEVER POST YOUR KEY IN ANY PUBLIC FORUM, INCLUDING THE O'TELESCOPE SUPPORT FORUM ::: IF YOU DO YOUR KEY WILL BE DEACTIVATED WITHOUT NOTICE!

BackyardEOS 3.1.6 just released!

admin

Question

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

10 answers to this question

Sorry, but never can remember: do we need to uninstall the previous version first or just go ahead and install over/in addition to?

Than

John

Good question :)

You never have to uninstall a previous version when installing a newer version (unless specified, which I almost never do).

Download, install, play :)

Would you consider adding any Updates/Changes to the .user.config files to the Changelog??  Or perhaps some other appropriate location??

I maintain 3x user.config filesets (of Camera1; Camera2; Camera3; and now since you install a Camera4 instance) for use In-the-Field, In-the-Backyard, and On-the-Desk (different Drive Locations, Dither/AT settings,etc).

It becomes a significant Challenge to identify and replicate any such .config file entries across this "matrix", especially when the code used in BYE Setting "Save" module doesn't do so in any particular order of fields.

(Nor does it help that Win7/Win8/Win10 have slightly different ways of implementing a Redirection so that the actual Working Set of the .config files are written to "C:\<user>\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\BackyardEOS" even though the Install Routine writes an Initial Set into "C:\Program Files (x86)\BackyardEOS" - or wherever one chooses to install BYE/BYN.)

While it didn't trip me up, you might consider...

Place the Newest Release at the TOP of the Download List rather than the Bottom (many folks don't Read too thoroughly but grab the First File that appears to Match Expectations).

I don't understand, the default order is most recent release first.  You may have changed the default order at one time without noticing your did.

While it didn't trip me up, you might consider...

Place the Newest Release at the TOP of the Download List rather than the Bottom (many folks don't Read too thoroughly but grab the First File that appears to Match Expectations).

I don't understand, the default order is most recent release first.  You may have changed the default order at one time without noticing your did.

Sorry:  The Downloadable Files List accesssed via the Button in the Upper-Right of "My Client Area"/"Purchases"

Sorry:  The Downloadable Files List accesssed via the Button in the Upper-Right of "My Client Area"/"Purchases"

Oh, that one.  Yeah, that requires a change to the web template :(

I'll see if I can change that via a configuration.  Good point.

Done, there was no config setting but 2 lines of jQuery and they are now sorted by most recent release first.

Thank you for pointing this out,

Regards,

Archived