Canada's top-tier Telescopes & Accessories
Be as specific as possible when reporting issues and *ALWAYS* include the full version number of the application you are using and your exact *CAMERA MODEL*
NEVER POST YOUR KEY IN ANY PUBLIC FORUM, INCLUDING THE O'TELESCOPE SUPPORT FORUM ::: IF YOU DO YOUR KEY WILL BE DEACTIVATED WITHOUT NOTICE!

Error Validating Trial - Additional non-parsable characters are at the end of the string

spike13

Question

I am really excited about trying out this software.

I watched a youtube were you presented it and it looks amazing!

I am getting this error after I enter my Trial License Key and my username:

Additional non-parsable characters are at the end of the string

My first attempt was to install this in a Windows 7 64bit VM on my Macbook.

Then I tried on my Windows 7 64bit work laptop.

I get the same error in both environments.

I am not entering any addition characters that I am aware of.

I have re-enter the license  key several times along with my identifier.

Doing some testing, if I don't enter anything in the Identifier field I get a Missing identifier error that I would expect.

If I just enter 'a' in the field it comes back with the "Additional non-parsable characters are at the end of the string" error.

Do you have any suggestions as to what I can do to correct this error?

Thanks,

Ryan

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

6 answers to this question

Hi Ryan,

Ummm, I don't seen anything wrong the server side.

Delete the file "c:\users\<<username>>\appdata\BackyardEOSv31-license.txt" and try again.

The folder AppData is a hidden folder so make sure you can see hidden folders in Windows.

Keep us posted.

Hi Guylain,

Thank you for your quick response!

I have deleted the BackyardEOSv31-license.txt file and tried to enter the License Key and Identifier in the VirtualBox VM install of BYE.

I am still getting the same result, Additional non-passable characters are at the end of the string.

This is a new VM that I created just for the purpose of running BYE as I normally run all my software natively on my macbook.

I had also installed BYE on my work laptop which is Windows. I will try these steps on that machine later today and post the results here.

Thank you!

Ryan

I had not enabled the shared clipboard from the Mac to the VM, so I was manually typing in the license key.

For trouble shooting I noticed that there was a new version of BYE v316.

I uninstalled v315.

Removed the install folder.

Removed the xxxlicense.txt file 

Rebooted and installed v316

I had the same result.

I then copied the license string to a file on the shared folder for the VM.

I was then able to copy and paste the license in the VM.

When I did this, I noticed the I had been typing a 'l' that should have been an 'f'.

it is working perfectly now.

I guess that I would have expected a different error message if I had typo-ed the license key.

It was my mistake.

I was able to figure it out, but you were correct Astroman133. Thank for posting the solution!

Now I am looking forward to playing with this Awesome software!

I had not enabled the shared clipboard from the Mac to the VM, so I was manually typing in the license key.

For trouble shooting I noticed that there was a new version of BYE v316.

I uninstalled v315.

Removed the install folder.

Removed the xxxlicense.txt file 

Rebooted and installed v316

I had the same result.

I then copied the license string to a file on the shared folder for the VM.

I was then able to copy and paste the license in the VM.

When I did this, I noticed the I had been typing a 'l' that should have been an 'f'.

it is working perfectly now.

I guess that I would have expected a different error message if I had typo-ed the license key.

It was my mistake.

I was able to figure it out, but you were correct Astroman133. Thank for posting the solution!

Now I am looking forward to playing with this Awesome software!

All letters in 3.1.x keys are lower case.  It makes it easier to differentiate " i " with " 1 " and so on.

Regards,

Archived