Canada's top-tier Telescopes & Accessories
Be as specific as possible when reporting issues and *ALWAYS* include the full version number of the application you are using and your exact *CAMERA MODEL*
NEVER POST YOUR KEY IN ANY PUBLIC FORUM, INCLUDING THE O'TELESCOPE SUPPORT FORUM ::: IF YOU DO YOUR KEY WILL BE DEACTIVATED WITHOUT NOTICE!

BackgroundWorker logging Out-of-Memory

s3igell

Question

While performing some Timing Tests (Short Exposures to cause the BackgroundWorker Thread to Queue "any" Images), I encountered one case where the Log History showed an "Out of Memory" entry.

The Capture Sequence is attached.

The Logfile is attached.

The Camera is my 60D.

The PC is a Win7 64 Pro i5-Core with 24GB (4-6GB Free during Testing per TaskManager).

BackyardEOS v3.1.5 - Main Task was using 500-1000MB; BackgroundWorker Task was using 70-225MB.

As best I can tell, nothing untoward happened to the Image Files and the BackgroundWorker Thread continued or else restarted transparently.

Any idea what might have happened??

logfile-20151214-17h30m44s949-32960-2015-12-16.zip

Eclipse Speedtest.txt

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1 answer to this question

The out of memory error is not that you are of memory per say.  Wait! What?  

When an image is loaded from a file, a fix memory allocation is reserved to load the image into.  Sometimes .net will fail on this operation and will throw a out of memory error.  No real harm done, BYE/BYN will fail gracefully and simply not display this image in the UI.  All other operations are performed and the image will show in your download folder just the same.

Regards,

Archived