Canada's top-tier Telescopes & Accessories
Be as specific as possible when reporting issues and *ALWAYS* include the full version number of the application you are using and your exact *CAMERA MODEL*
NEVER POST YOUR KEY IN ANY PUBLIC FORUM, INCLUDING THE O'TELESCOPE SUPPORT FORUM ::: IF YOU DO YOUR KEY WILL BE DEACTIVATED WITHOUT NOTICE!

DSUB Cable and Bulb Value

Tester

Question

Hello,

my Nikon works well in "Vista" Mode.

I want to upgrade my opportunities with the Shoestring DSUSB Cable.

I change the Cable Suport to "DSUSB"

The "Test cable" Button works well, with the Shutter Time i will see on my Camera

(and BackyardNikon)

But:

-> where can i enter the Bulb time? (over 30sec)

-> and it looks like that the Button "Start Capture" send the Command over the normal USB cable.

please help

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

7 answers to this question

Guylain's posted reply beat mine by just a couple of seconds, but here is mine anyway.

If BYN works like BYE does, you need to select BULB from the Shutter dropdown in a row of the capture plan. This unlocks the Duration numeric up/down control and you use the up or down arrows to adjust the BULB duration; or you can swipe cross the Duration value and enter a new value with the numeric keys..

What camera model do you have?

The DSUSB cable in USED for BULB images so if you did NOT select BULB in the image capture plan the regular cable is used because it can do these type of exposures.

You enter the bulb duration in the DURATION field but you need to make sure you select "BULB" in the shutter field first.

Hope this helps,

If BYN works like BYE does, you need to select BULB from the Shutter dropdown in a row of the capture plan. This unlocks the Duration numeric up/down control and you use the up or down arrows to adjust the BULB duration; or you can swipe cross the Duration value and enter a new value with the numeric keys..

They work the same :)

Hello you two

I have a Nikon D80.

And a great Bulb option now. :-)

It works!

Thank´s

The D80 works with BYN ?

I'm confused.  It is not suppose to.  I can only guess that it uses the same sdk/library as the D40 or perhaps the D90.  It's unclear.

Can you please send me the log files,  I want to verify a few things.

Regards,

Archived