Canada's top-tier Telescopes & Accessories
Be as specific as possible when reporting issues and *ALWAYS* include the full version number of the application you are using and your exact *CAMERA MODEL*
NEVER POST YOUR KEY IN ANY PUBLIC FORUM, INCLUDING THE O'TELESCOPE SUPPORT FORUM ::: IF YOU DO YOUR KEY WILL BE DEACTIVATED WITHOUT NOTICE!

BYE 3.1.5 seems a lot more stable than earlier versions

Matthew

Question

Hi Folks,

Just a quite note from wet and windy Sydney Australia.  Having run BYE for many years now, mostly running two modded Canon cameras - I have to say the latest version of BYE seems a lot more stable.  I often image from two 40Ds - was used to the software locking up or just dying on a random one of the cameras for the past year.  Since installing the latest version of BYE this hasn't happened even once in two months.

Many thanks and well done!

Matthew

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

4 answers to this question

Guylain,

The last version was 3.13, but I noticed all the V3 series had an intermitent problem with several hour use of two Canon cameras until now.  A simple restart the software might allow you to reconnect the camera, worse case you had to power cycle the camera.  The hang seemed totally random. 

Since the latest version not a single hang so far.

The versions I have used (reading off the file executable names) include: 2.01, 2.02, 2.03. 2.04. 2.05. 2.07. 2.08, 2.10 3.00, 3.01. 3.03, 3.12 and 3.13.

Best regards,

matthew

Archived