Canada's top-tier Telescopes & Accessories
Be as specific as possible when reporting issues and *ALWAYS* include the full version number of the application you are using and your exact *CAMERA MODEL*
NEVER POST YOUR KEY IN ANY PUBLIC FORUM, INCLUDING THE O'TELESCOPE SUPPORT FORUM ::: IF YOU DO YOUR KEY WILL BE DEACTIVATED WITHOUT NOTICE!

Problem with LOOP feature

Deneb610

Question

I have tired using the loop feature for meteor tracking and for start trails, twice now, and have a minor problem with it. I have BYE Classic 3.0.3. Both times, the looping carried on for a few hours but then stopped for no apparent reason. The latest was last night. I started a loop of 30 second exposures with 800 iso with my Canon 600d. The loop began at 9:30 PM but stopped at 2:47 AM. There was still over 3 gigs left on the drive where I was saving the pics. When I discovered this, at about 5 AM, the camera was still connected and it was running on AC power, not battery. The laptop had no screen saver active nor were there any power settings kicking in. BYE was just sitting there on the Imaging screen, like it thought it was done. Not sure why this is happening. Any ideas?  

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

3 answers to this question

Thank you for the log file.

The error "ERROR EDS_ERR_TAKE_PICTURE_CARD_NG" means you don't have an SD card in the camera and your camera is not set to take pictures without one.... or you have a card but it is full.

I know you said your card was not full.  However the camera did report the ERROR EDS_ERR_TAKE_PICTURE_CARD_NG.  Perhaps the card is showing its age.  It is hard to tell.  I would try without save to memory card and even perhaps removing the card and set to camera to take images without a card.

2015-11-09 02:47:32,629 [CameraTakePictureOnMessageRecieved] INFO  - Running (throw): EDSDK.EdsSendCommand(cameraRef, 4, 65539)
2015-11-09 02:47:32,723 [OnStateEventHandler] DEBUG - StateEvent_CaptureError Fired! (inParameter=36103) err=(Capture Error: General camera error.)
2015-11-09 02:47:32,723 [OnStateEventHandler] INFO  - Capture Error: General camera error.
2015-11-09 02:47:32,738 [CameraTakePictureOnMessageRecieved] DEBUG - Device Busy trying to start BULB sequence
2015-11-09 02:47:33,315 [CameraTakePictureOnMessageRecieved] DEBUG - BackgroundThreadProcessor.BulbSecondsRemaining = 0
2015-11-09 02:47:33,986 [CameraTakePictureOnMessageRecieved] ERROR - ERROR EDS_ERR_TAKE_PICTURE_CARD_NG : EDSDK.EdsSendCommand(cameraRef, 4, 65539) 
2015-11-09 02:47:33,986 [CameraTakePictureOnMessageRecieved] ERROR -    at BinaryRivers.Camera.Canon.CameraController.RunAndThrow(Func`1 function, String info)

Regards,

Archived