Canada's top-tier Telescopes & Accessories
Be as specific as possible when reporting issues and *ALWAYS* include the full version number of the application you are using and your exact *CAMERA MODEL*
NEVER POST YOUR KEY IN ANY PUBLIC FORUM, INCLUDING THE O'TELESCOPE SUPPORT FORUM ::: IF YOU DO YOUR KEY WILL BE DEACTIVATED WITHOUT NOTICE!

bengourben

Question

Hi there,

I love this program, but I recently got my hands on an old 300d which I plan on modding myself.

I have the 550d which works beautifully with BEOS.

Is there anyway of using the 300d with this?

Or would you know of any program that does?

Eos utilty does not seem to recognise my 330d at all. could this be my operating system? (windows 7 64bit)

Any help would be much appreciated.

Yours

J.Murphy

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

3 answers to this question

It is not likely that the 300D would be supported by any software that uses the Canon SDK for communicating with the cameras.  this includes BYE and the EOS Utility. When Canon releases a new version of the SDK they inevitably drop support for some old cameras and add support for some new models.  BYE is able to extend support for older models by distributing older versions of the SDK as well as the latest version.  However, I believe that the 300D pre-dates BYE, so it is not supported.

As per this post it is not supported and because it is an older model it will never be supported in BackyardEOS.  This model was released in August 2003.

If this were me I would not waste money on modifying this 12+ year old camera.  I would spend a little bit more and get a 450D at the very least.  Just my 2 cents.

You will not find any software to control it either sadly.  The only software that may work would DSLR Shutter and it will only control the shutter and nothing else; no image download, no image viewer, no camera property control, etc.

Regards,

Thanks for the quick reply,

I kinda figured I might be peeing in the wind. But since I only spent 25 euros on it (auto focus is gone), I think I'll give the mod a go.

Even just for the challenge!

As I said, I still have my 550D. So all is not lost.

Thanks again,

J.Murphy

Archived