Canada's top-tier Telescopes & Accessories
Be as specific as possible when reporting issues and *ALWAYS* include the full version number of the application you are using and your exact *CAMERA MODEL*
NEVER POST YOUR KEY IN ANY PUBLIC FORUM, INCLUDING THE O'TELESCOPE SUPPORT FORUM ::: IF YOU DO YOUR KEY WILL BE DEACTIVATED WITHOUT NOTICE!

Sensor temperature not shown (60D)

RoboRob

Question

My Canon 60D sensor temperature is not shown in the camera details dialogue. Since this is not shown on both my laptop with both my 60D camera's (I have a modded and a standard 60D) I thought this was not a supported feature for this camera.

Last Friday I took one of my camera's to a colleague astronomer and hooked it up to his BackYardEOS (we are both running 3.1.4) and on his setup with my camera the sensor temperature was shown.

Any idea why it isn't shown on my PC and it is on my colleagues PC? Is this something you can enable/disable in BackYardEOS or should I install a specific Canon river version to make this work?

post-3923-0-91200900-1443959699.png

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1 answer to this question

I found the issue, I had the advanced option Skip read EXIF data or some other equivalent wording (in Dutch Read EXIF data overslaan) ticked. Unticked the box and now the sensor temperature after making a photo is nicely displayed...

post-3923-0-75449700-1443962960_thumb.png

Archived