Canada's top-tier Telescopes & Accessories
Be as specific as possible when reporting issues and *ALWAYS* include the full version number of the application you are using and your exact *CAMERA MODEL*
NEVER POST YOUR KEY IN ANY PUBLIC FORUM, INCLUDING THE O'TELESCOPE SUPPORT FORUM ::: IF YOU DO YOUR KEY WILL BE DEACTIVATED WITHOUT NOTICE!

any way to get BYEOS and Canon EOS II to play nice

oldpink

Question

I use Canon EOS utility to remote control my Canon for every day work
but BYEOS for my astronomy work but they don't play nice together
BYEOS will not load unless I disable Canon EOS utility
is there anyway to get both to live together ??

thanks

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

4 answers to this question

Actually, EOS utility doesn't do anything "bad" unless you actually connect to the camera (in which case BYEOS will not connect).

There's a setting in BYEOS to disable the check, and in that way you can have both on your PC, but you still can only use one at a time.

That's how I run. I can connect with EOS Utility, then disconnect, then run BYEOS, no problem.

thanks

found the setting in the advanced and turned it off

The design of the Canon SDK prevents multiple applications from connecting to, and controlling, the camera at the same time.  The simplest way for the 2 apps to co-reside on the same PC is to figure out how to keep the EOS Utility from automatically launching when it senses the camera.  That way you can manually run whichever app you want to use.  I believe that this is possible.  It has been discussed in other threads in the BYE Forum. It may depend on which version of Windows you have and which version of the EOS Utility.

This post may be useful --> http://www.otelescope.com/index.php?/topic/78-eos-utility-interferrence/

Actually, EOS utility doesn't do anything "bad" unless you actually connect to the camera (in which case BYEOS will not connect).

There's a setting in BYEOS to disable the check, and in that way you can have both on your PC, but you still can only use one at a time.

That's how I run. I can connect with EOS Utility, then disconnect, then run BYEOS, no problem.

Archived